Effective Date: January 18, 2018
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two basic types of information:
If you contact us or we contact you through the Site, via a customer support messaging system, through third party sites including but not limited to social media sites, or by any other means, you may also be asked to provide additional PII if needed for us to respond.
If you upload your PII to the Site, it will also be stored on the Site. This information may include your investment portfolio amounts, investment assets, profile information, and other information, if you chose to share it with us.
Also, if you choose to login to our Site through a social networking site, you are granting us permission to access and use certain information about you as permitted by the social network. For example, if you use Facebook to login, it may provide us with access to whatever information you choose to include in your public profile, such as friends’ names, pictures, genders, user Ids, connections, and any other shared content.
Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can disable cookies in your browsers or refuse to accept them. If you do so, certain parts and functions of the Site may not function properly.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our Site.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
• DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Site.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
(c) Registration and Paying Users: In order to access certain areas of the Site and to use certain free and paid functionality of the Site, you will need to complete a registration form. During registration you will be required to provide us either:
- Your email address, password, and a username
- Your account information with one of the following social internet services: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Yahoo!, LinkedIn, or a similar social internet service
We use this information to keep accounts secure and unique, and to contact you should any problems occur.
When you sign into the Site using your social network credentials, such service sends Us your username, email address, and other PII associated with the credentials you've used.
In addition, users registered for any paid premium accounts (“Paid Users”) must provide payment information (name, credit card information, or PayPal account information). This information is used for billing purposes only and is processed by PayPal or Stripe, our payment processors. Our partners may also collect PII such as your billing address. This information is protected by our processors' privacy policies, which is stated on their websites. When you are making a payment, We do not have access to your personal and credit card information. Should We have any issues with processing an order, the provided email address will be used to contact you.
(d) Information Sent by Your Mobile Device: We collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use our services, like a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device, as well as information about your use of our services.
Location Information. When you use our App, we may collect and store information about your location by converting your IP address into a rough geo-location or by accessing your mobile device’s GPS coordinates or coarse location if you enable location services on your device. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your mobile device.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
(a) How We Use PII: We use your PII to interact with you on a personal level. For example, we use your name and email address to respond to your questions or comply with your requests (i.e., send you our newsletter or enter you into a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion), and to send you important information (such as changes to this policy or our Terms of Service) and to send promotional emails, some of which may contain product offers from third parties. You may opt-out of receiving non-account related emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email.
(b) How We Use General Information: We use the General Information we collect to obtain insights on how people use our Site. For examples, we may use aggregated (not personally identifiable) information from all users for our research, business, and marketing purposes and we reserve the rights to share any and all of that data with third parties, including for commercial and marketing use. We may offer ads and services based on how people invest, the nature of their portfolios, etc. We also use this information for various internal business purposes, and to ensure that our Site continues to appeal to our users.
3. HOW DO WE SHARE INFORMATION? We will share information with third parties in the following ways:
(a) We contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf, such data storage and analysis, hosting the Site, sending email messages, monitoring Site activity, sweepstakes administration, and promotional assistance. We necessarily have to share your PII with such third parties as may be required to perform their functions. As of the effective date of this policy, we share information with the following third party service providers, including:
(i) MailChimp, Microsoft, Google, GoDaddy, Webflow, MailShake: Email services;
(ii) RaffleCopter, MailChimp, MailShake, Microsoft, Google: Sweepstakes, and other promotional administration;
(iii) Webflow, Amazon AWS, GoDaddy: Hosting
(iv) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Microsoft, Reddit, StumbleUpon: Social media services and promotions;
Note that we may change or add other service providers at our discretion. We will only share as much of your information with these parties as may be required for them to perform their services.
(b) If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose your PII to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
(c) In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including PII, is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. If all or substantially all of our business assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any assets may continue to be used according to your PII as set forth in this policy.
(d) We may reserve and have the right to disclose any information about you or your use of our Site without your prior permission, if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to: (i) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company or its affiliates, other users of the Site, or the public; or (ii) to enforce our Terms of Service.
4. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION? We use appropriate technical and organizational measures, including SSL encryption, to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful access, processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it to provide our Site, or in order to do their jobs. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you. In addition, we have no control over the security of other web sites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those websites from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to log off and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP INFORMATION? We reserve the right to retain PII and General Information we collect from you for as long as we deem necessary to satisfy a business purpose. If you unsubscribe from our email list, we will delete your email address; however, unless you participated in a sweepstakes or other promotion, in which case we will maintain the record as required by law.
6. CAN I CONTROL HOW MY INFORMATION IS USED? You may opt-out of receiving non-account related emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link included with every email. We do not currently offer any additional options on the use of PII.
7. HOW WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGY. We employ certain technologies, such as Google Analytics, Heap Analytics, Hotjar, DoubleClick, and others provided by Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, AffiliateWindow, Apple, CommissionJunction, Fastly, Shareaholic, and others, that enable us and third parties to track your online activities on our Site over time, and to a certain extent across third-party websites. We offer no response to browser Do-Not-Track requests, but you can prevent certain online tracking applications (such as Google Analytics) from recognizing you on return visits to this Site by disabling cookies on your browser.
8. CHILDREN UNDER 13. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to subscribe for email newsletters or participate in our promotions. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that someone attempting to register on our Site is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information he or she provided as soon as possible.